Thursday, December 2, 2010

minus 20 degree

Yesterday was the coldest day in Stockholm since 1904. The highest temperature during the day was minus 20 degree. I was fully equipped with my wollf-wear jacket and Salomon winter boots, which I bought for our Kiruna trip in 2007. I never used them afterwards until yesterday. When I went out, every breath I took made my nose hurt. But I had a sense of excitement when I'm surrounded by the massive white. The cumulated snow from last week seemed covered with a thick layer of frost. A friend wrote this as her FB status "its cold but beautiful in Stockholm. I love this city." I liked it, and then I realized my excitement comes from this beauty. Stockholm is truly beautiful in all seasons. Maybe this is why I don't really want to leave here. Her beauty is simple and peaceful. Compared to the beauty of some cities in Norway, the beauty of Stockholm is definitely not mind-blowing, but it is stimulating and satisfying. And sometimes, I just need those little moments of satisfaction.

No comments: