Friday, April 9, 2010

Exam week

Right now, I'm supposed to study for the big exams next week, but instead I'm writing this post while listening to Cheer Chen. Her voice is transparent and her music is refreshing. Cheer is the favorite of most Chinese dilettantes (Wen Yi Qing Nian in Chinese). The direct translation of Wen Yi Qing Nian is arty youth. It is a modern word used to describe young people who enjoy fine art. Normally they are sensitive, narcissistic. Certainly they are well-educated and thus like to pursue improvement in their inner world. But sometimes their affectations can be really annoying. Someone even call them pretentious bastards. Anyway I think they are cute most of the time but I don't think I am one of them. I find Cheer's music is good to listen to when I want to be sentimental. Being sentimental can help me think and write about my feelings. In this sense, I should be more sentimental in order to update my blog more frequently. Hahaha...

School is busy as hell. Most of the time, my head and body are occupied by the endless projects, assignments, and exams. Sometimes, I am quite surprised how fast I can force myself to learn; and sometimes, I can be really sick of study. Maybe these days, I am like that. Before I complain about the exam week, I should explain the way how the school exam us. Our examination for all discipline subjects consist of three parts. The first part is the normal exam after finishing each subject. The second part is integration of different subjects at the end of each period (two subjects at a time). The third part is this exam week after 1.5 semesters. We need to answer an essay question of each subject we have learned for the past 1.5 semesters. The idea of exam week is good. The intention of it is to "learn for the program and for life" rather than "learn for the exam and then forget about the subject". But I kinda lost all my motivation at the moment. I don't want to go through all the literature or slides again. Besides, I don't know how much you can prepare for an essay question. I will see how much I can bullshit during the exam.

No comments: