Thursday, October 30, 2008

Life is a mirror

Life is a mirror. If you look closely, you can see not only yourself, but also things around you. Everything is clear and objective.

I've stopped my English reading and verbal training for over a year, then I find myself short of vocabulary expressing myself or hard to articulate in both written and verbal languages. I've abandoned my knitting plan almost two months, then I find the time when I need some knitwears for the early winter, I have nothing prepared. I've taken less seriously on my houseplants for half a year, then I find they either propagate arbitrarily or wither away, but either way they don't look nice. I've unintentionally ignored my friends for a couple of months, then I find when the time I contact them, there is not too much we can talk about. I've turned down some friends for a few times, then I find the next time when I invite them for something, they can all find excuses. I can't doubt their excuses, although some of them are pretty lame. I know there is already a gap.

Maybe I should use the mirror to look around more often, just like how I use it to examine my face everyday.